Looking to Prepare Your Child for Kindergarten? Checkout These Ways!
As a parent we want to do everything we can in order to help our children succeed. Making the transition into kindergarten might be one of the hardest things that a child does. Knowing ways to prepare them is very helpful and that’s why we wanted to share this article with you. We hope it will help you and your child better prepare for kindergarten.
Are you a busy parent that needs help maintaining your family’s home? Look no further! Guarantee Girls is your #1 Choice for Baton Rouge housekeepers! Call us today at 225-756-3900 for your FREE, No-Obligation quote!
From the article:
Let’s face it: Kindergarten isn’t what it used to be. Right or wrong, it is the world we live in. The following list is intended to help prepare your child in a variety of developmental areas to make the transition into kindergarten as smooth as possible. Believe it or not, just 15-20 minutes of playing and learning with your child can make a world of difference!
- Encourage your child to persist in tasks when encountering a problem by giving him tasks slightly above his current ability level. When your child cannot find a solution on his own, encourage him to calmly ask for help.
- Play board games to practice taking turns.
- Set up several play dates with friends of various ages
Physical Development (Gross & Fine Motor)
- Give your child plenty of opportunities for outdoor play: running, jumping, and climbing.
- Play catch on a regular basis.
- Practice skipping.
- Stack blocks together
Looking for chore ideas for your kids? Checkout this article on chore ideas for kids that could be of interest to you.
For all the ways click here: http://www.icanteachmychild.com/2012/06/33-ways-to-prepare-your-child-for-kindergarten/