Looking for Some Cheap Winter Family Fun? Checkout These Ideas!
It can be hard to come up with family fun activities in the dead of winter. Especially activities that are free or almost free. We found this article with 100 different activities. We hope that you find some you and your family will enjoy!
Are you a busy parent that needs help maintaining your family’s home? Look no further! Guarantee Girls is your #1 Choice for Baton Rouge maid service! Call us today at 225-756-3900 for your FREE, No-Obligation quote!
From the article:
Winter brings with it snow, hot chocolate, fires and CABIN FEVER!
In an effort to direct all the pent up energy my children have, I made a list of 100 free or inexpensive activities for us to do. I hope they inspire you to spend quality time together as a family.
- Nerf dart gun war!!
- Work a 1000 piece puzzle.
- Cook Snickerdoodle cookies.
- Play a classic board game (Sorry, Clue, Chutes & Ladders, Candyland, Monopoly just to name a few).
- Pillow fight!!!
- Build a snowman. Think creatively. It can be 6 inches tall, look kind of like Jobba the Hut, or be have a red scarf.
- Watch a movie marathon. Anne of Green Gables, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, 80s movies, Little House on the Prairie, Lord of the Rings, Disney Princesses, or Toy Story would all make great movie marathons on a dreary winter day.
- Play shadow puppets in a dark room with a lamp or flashlight. Then make stick puppets from your shadows.
- Read aloud a classic children’s book.
- Color in a coloring book. Our local dollar store has seasonal coloring books.
- Build a house with Lincoln Logs.
- Snowball fight!!!
- Cook chocolate chip pancakes for supper.
- Attend a free children’s craft/building clinic at Lowe’s or Home Depot.
Looking for more family time ideas? Checkout this article on familiy time ideas for busy parents article that could be of interest to you.
For all the ideas click here: http://stephaniesmommybrain.blogspot.com/2011/02/100-free-or-cheap-family-activities-for.html