Learn How to Easily Clean Tile Here!
Tile grout can be a major pain to clean. We found this article with three different cleaning methods. We hope at least one of the methods will make cleaning grout easier.
Are you a busy parent that needs help maintaining your family’s home? Look no further! Guarantee Girls is your #1 Choice for Denham Springs housekeeping! Call us today at 225-756-3900 for your FREE, No-Obligation quote!
From the article:
Using Oxygen Bleach
Oxygen bleach is a cleaning product that is made of hydrogen peroxide and soda ash. The product is activated when it is mixed with warm water. The oxygen ions in the bleach attach to stain molecules, breaking them down into small pieces that can be wiped away with little effort.
1. Mix one cup of oxygen bleach with warm water in a bucket according to package directions.
2. Pour the solution onto a dry floor so that your grout lines are completely saturated.
- If you’re worried about the liquid spilling over onto other floor surfaces like carpet or wood, line the perimeter of your flooring with white dishcloths or old towels.
3. Gradually add more solution as the water soaks into the grout. The floor shouldn’t be flooding, but the level of water should fill in the lines of grout.
- Keep adding solution for at least 30 minutes.
4. Scrub the grout with a nylon-bristled brush after 30 minutes have passed.
- Pour new solution onto the grout during the scrubbing process.
- Start from one corner of the flooring and work on a small area at a time.
- Once you’ve scrubbed the first small area of flooring, wipe it up enough for you to be able to walk over it without slipping and move onto the next section of floor.
5. Rinse the floor with clean water. Repeat the steps if needed until the grout is clean
Looking to maintain a clean tile shower? Checkout this article about ways to maintain a clean tile shower that could be of interest to you.
Read the entire article here: http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Grout-Between-Floor-Tiles