Learn Easy Ways to Clean Your Kids’ Toys Here
Toys need to be cleaned. It’s a fact. But depending upon the toy it might be difficult to clean. We found this article that has easy ways to clean your child’s toys in order to kill germs and make them sparkling clean again!
Are you a busy parent that needs help maintaining your family’s home? Look no further! Guarantee Girls is your #1 Choice for Denham Springs housekeeping! Call us today at 225-756-3900 for your FREE, No-Obligation quote!
From the article:
How to clean non-porous, plastic toys:
Non-porous toys can easily be cleaned in bulk by washing them in the sink or bathtub. Of course, you’ll obviously want to avoid immersing toys into water if they are porous, have batteries, electronic parts, delicate pieces, or holes that would make it difficult to remove the water. Non-porous, plastic toys can be cleaned using the following method:
- Fill a sink or bathtub with warm to hot water and add a small amount of detergent or dish soap.
- Add the toys to the soapy water and let them soak for a few minutes.
- Use a washcloth or soft-bristled brush to gently scrub the surface.
- Drain the water.
- Rinse the toys with clean water.
- Lay toys on a towel to dry.
How to clean toys with batteries or electronic parts:
Toys that can’t be immersed in water can still be cleaned easily. Just gather all the toys you want to clean, put them in one location, and use the following method to clean them:
- Spray toy surfaces using a spray bottle filled with a 50/50 vinegar and water mixture.
- Scrub the toys gently with a small cleaning brush or a washcloth.
- Wipe dry with a towel.
Looking to get your kids involved with housework? Checkout this article about chores for kids for busy parents that could be of interest to you.
Read all the ideas here: http://www.idreamofclean.net/2013/04/25/how-to-clean-toys/