Baton Rouge Maids Offer Top 4 Tips for a Clutter-Free Home
(Newswire.net — August 5th, 2013) Baton Rouge, LA — When the back-to-school rush arrives each year, one of the last things most busy families want to do is spend their free time inside de-cluttering their home.
“It always starts with having a well-thought out gameplan,” said Ellen Folks, owner of Guarantee Girls, a Baton Rouge maid service.
If spending less time making your home “clutter-free” sounds like a good idea, here are the top 4 tips for a a clutter-free home:
1) Believe it is possible for YOU – Most of us know that it is entirely possible to live in a clutter-free environment, however most people don’t truly believe that they can do it. Take that first step, and believe that it IS possible.
2) Remove the “excess” stuff – Our homes are full of things. Clutter begins to appear most prominently when we own too much stuff. Conversely, the fewer items we own, the easier it is to keep clutter at a minimum. The second important step in keeping your home clutter-free is to remove the excessive possessions that are negatively impact our lives & cause us to waste time and energy.
3) Implement healthy habits to manage your clutter – Developing healthy home organization habits can be one of the most valuable skills that you ever learn. Take the time to analyze where you’re currently at / where you want to be, and then make a plan to achieve those goals.
A few examples of healthy home organization habits might be simply cleaning the kitchen after every meal, placing daily-use items (clothes, books, toys) back in their designated homes at the end of each day, fully-completing projects around the house, and/or developing a consistent evening routine.
4) Slow the accumulation of unneeded possessions – Over the course of a lifetime, people develop “stuff accumulation” patterns that can be difficult to change, however its always a great idea to change our mindsets so we can begin evaluating our purchases differently. Realize that your purchases cost far more than the price on the sticker. Each one will also require time, energy, and effort once they enter your home.
Before making a purchase, begin asking yourself these questions:
– Is this item really needed?
– Do I have a place to store this when I get it home?
– How much extra work will this possession add to my life?
– Am I buying it for the right reasons?
Mrs. Folks also offers the recommendation that “All you need to do, to get started, is to simply find the room that bothers you the most and begin there. You’ll get a lot of satisfaction from de-cluttering one single space then checking it off your list before moving on to the next room.”
Of course, these tips should be used by you in a way that best makes sense for your family’s unique lifestyle, so feel free to “pick and choose” what works best to help you get ready for a great school year.
Guarantee Girls Housekeeping & Maid Service
11811 Dunlay Ave.
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
Read the original press release here: http://www.newswire.net/newsroom/pr/76016-baton-rouge-maids.html